In order to maintain a corporate image with our parent organisation
Egham & District Choral Society (registered charity number 277586)
and our sister choir Egham Choral certain guidelines are to be observed in all printed matter such as programmes, posters, tickets, websites etc and in our communications with the media
The outer cover should be of card, with internal sheets of paper, the whole stapled. Whilst colour is optional, it is desirable. Good design is the object. The cover must include: 1) The choir logo (plus name of choir if necessary.)
2) The words “A choir of Egham & District Choral Society” (which need not be prominent)
3) Title, or main ingredient, of the concert. If appropriate, composer’s name.
4) Date (including year, and preferably the day)
5) Location (but not postcode, as programmes are not sold in advance)
5) If the concert is supporting a Charity the name of this ought to be included on the cover. All other information is inside the programme.
The first inside page should contain standard information about the performing choir
1) Choir name and logo
2) “Egham & District Choral Society founded 1953”, followed by the names and titles of the President (e.g Dame Vera Lynn DBE), Vice President and Chairman of EDCS.
3) Current officers of the performing choir, listing names of Musical Director and Chairman, Accompanist, and any other officer of the choir deemed appropriate.
4) Box Office number(s). and choir contact details
5) General blurb about the choirs of Egham & District Choral Society including where and when rehearsals take place.
6) A contact name and Tel. number for the other choir(s).
7) The words ” Egham & District Choral Society is a Registered Charity No. 277588 and is affiliated to Making Music” plus the Making Music logo.
8) Website address
General content is at the discretion of the MDand committee.
Where paid advertising is included it should be presented with the interests of the advertisers in mind, although a disclaimer may be used if required, disassociating the choir from any endorsement of the products offered. Advertisements should be of the same professional standard as the rest of the programme. Where there are joint functions, logos and information for all choirs must be included.
Card, not paper Tickets are very small, so there is little opportunity to present more than the basic information.
1) Logo(s) and choir name
3) Location including postcode
4) Date and time
6) The words “Egham & DIstrict Choral Society” and website(s). (need not be prominent)
7) Contact details
8) Any other relevant information, ( e.g finish time, cash bar, any restrictions applying).